SEO stands for search engine optimization and it is the combination of activities performed in the customization of a website to make it more search engine friendly. Contracting services form a huge industry with their own norms and culture. The SEO efforts that are performed for contractors and home services providers are called contractor SEO. These SEO efforts are performed keeping in mind the contracting industry.
SEO services help contractors increase their online visibility and increase the traffic coming to their websites. More traffic means more potential customers, more leads, and more revenue.
Although the complete array of SEO tactics is usually employed, the following are essential for construction contractors and home services providers:
- Local SEO for local search and business listings
- On-page SEO to make the best use of all SEO features, improve crawlability and visibility
- Acquiring backlinks from other authoritative websites to strengthen domain authority without any risky black hat SEO techniques
- Employing markups, rich snippets, meta descriptions, heading and alt tags, and incorporating relevant keywords where they naturally fit
- Off-page SEO that includes internet marketing, social media, receiving brand mentions from clients and customers, etc.
- Improving the website speed and performance on mobile devices
- Checking the website content for errors and duplication, and employing canonical tags where necessary
- Keyword research and optimization to direct the focus of the website on increasing traffic quantity and quality
The cost of SEO for any business depends upon the size of the business, the amount of competition they have, the current situation of their website marketing strategy, and the SEO efforts they need to start optimizing their web presence. To know how much SEO for contractors will cost, leave your details on the landing page of any SEO agency worth their salt. They will be able to perform a basic assessment of your business and give you a rough estimate of how much it will cost to hire that SEO Company for the SEO of your contracting business
SEO is a sure-shot but long-term strategy. It takes 6 months for SEO to mature. From the start of the SEO campaign, it will take at the very least 6 months for you to start seeing results. But after that point, the results continue to grow until they reach a point where the ROI of SEO surpasses that of an equivalent advertisement campaign. So it depends upon the metric with which you're gauging the results. In any case, 6 months is the time period SEO requires before results become apparent.
To get started with SEO, the first thing you need to check is if your website is indexed by Google. Clarify the site structure and build an XML sitemap for your website. You also need to write a robots.txt file that will help the crawlers crawl your web pages. As Google crawls the pages, it indexes them. You can submit your sitemap manually using Google Search Console, but for that, you will have to set up your Google Search Console and Google Analytics. These tools help webmasters in assessing the performance of their websites. You can hire contractor SEO specialists to save time. An expert will be able to do these tasks in a better, more efficient manner. They will set you on a path for better potential SEO success.